Updated On: 3rd January 2021
Best gel pen: There are several types of gel pens available in the market currently- prices ranging from as low as a few pennies and going up to a few thousand Rupees.
Having such a variety might make it confusing for you to select the best gel pens in India.
However, we will solve this problem for you in this post by reviewing multiple gel pens in the market on a variety of parameters and selecting the top ones.
The basic criteria while selecting the best gel pens in India is to look for a brand and model that doesn’t “glob up” while you are using it.
After continuous usage, ink sometimes accumulates at the end of the tip & it will fall off while writing and ruin your work.
Another factor to consider is the ink drying time. Since gel pens have gel-based ink, if the ink doesn’t dry quickly once it is on paper, it may get rubbed off with your fingers while writing, thus spoiling your work.
Apart from this, you can consider several other parameters like water-proof ink, good quality & comfortable grip, availability of refills in the market, price of the pen, the weight of the pen, etc. while arriving at a conclusion.
So without wasting any much time, let us now get rolling and discuss the top 5 best gel pens in India shortlisted by us.
Top Gel Pens In India 2021
#1. Pilot V7 Hi-Tecpoint Pen
This is one of the most popular ‘Pilot’ brand pen in India. Pilot V7 Hi-Tecpoint Pen comes with a special rechargeable cartridge system which makes refilling the pen a breeze.
The company claims that this pen writes almost double as compared to a regular gel pen. The pen has liquid ink which ensures smooth flow and writing experience.
The price is cost-effective. The special pack available on Amazon comes with separate pens- one blue & one black.
The pack also contains 2 separate ink cartridges- 2 each of Blue & Black. This combo pack is available on Amazon for a little over 100 bucks making it super value for money proposition.
- Unique 3 dimple tip technology from Japan for precision writing
- ATT System for instant start
- Pure liquid ink for smooth skip-free writing
- Advance ink system maximisie ink usage
- 0.7mm fine tip
Pros of Pilot V7 Hi-Tecpoint Pen
- Value for money pricing
- Rechargeable cartridge system
- Liuqid ink for smooth writing
Cons of Pilot V7 Hi-Tecpoint Pen
#2. Cello Deco Gel Pen
Looking for gel pens for daily use without spending too much? Check out Cello Deco Gel Pen. Available in bright pen body colors like Blue, Black, Green, Pink, etc. these pens look cute and are light in weight.
The ink is said to be waterproof offering you a smudge-free writing experience. The tip is of 0.6 mm making it just ideal for writing.
The Cello Deco Gel Pen is ideal for students or anyone else who wishes to use gel pens without spending too much money.
A special pack of these 25 pens is available on Amazon in a Plastic Jar which is a really good deal for people interested in buying them online.
- Waterproof ink for smudge free and smooth writing
- Fine writing with 0.6mm tip, no blotting
- 5 attractive body colors
- Curated for fast and effortless writing
- Suitable for all ages
Pros of Cello Deco Gel Pen
- Attractive body colors
- Waterproof ink
- Value for money- super cheap price
Cons of Cello Deco Gel Pen
#3. Uniball Air Micro Roller Ball Pen
This is one of the best gel pens in India if you are looking for a smooth scratch-free writing experience.
The pen comes with 0.5mm Tungsten carbide ball, & tip made of stainless steel. The pen comes with a special technology that allows you to write comfortably at any angle.
If you are looking for best in class writing experience, this is one of the best choices.
- 0.5mm Tungsten carbide ball,Plastic (PC/PP)barrel,Stainless Steel Tip.
- Ink Color: Blue
- Pack of 4
- Extremely Quick drying.
- Smooth and delightful writing experience.
Pros of Uniball Air Micro
- Smooth scratch-free writing
- Lasts longer than the normal gel pens
- Refill available in the market
Cons of Uniball Air Micro
- Cost might appear to be slightly higher to some people
Also read – Best ball pen in India
#4. Pilot Hi-Techpoint 05 Super Value Pen
Who hasn’t heard of ‘Pilot’ pens? This pen comes with white body color and is available in multiple ink colors including Blue & Black.
The pen comes with a 0.5 tungsten carbide ball for good writing. The company claims that the writing length of the pen is around 1500 meters which is almost 4 times of a normal gel pen.
- Unique 3 dimple tip technology from japan for precision writing
- 0.5 tungsten carbide ball delivers a consistent line width of 0.3 mm
- Writing length of 1.6 kms
- Three times that of any needle point gel pen. Refill with specially formulated japanese 937 hi-tecpoint ink
- Available in three colors blue, black, red and green
Pros of Pilot Hi-Techpoint
- Good writing length of almost 1500 meters (claimed by the company)
- Free-flowing ink
- Value for money pricing
Cons of Pilot Hi-Techpoint
- Refill is not transparent- you will not be able to see & check ink levels directly.
#5. Cello Pointec Clic Gel Pen
Are you someone who always forgets to replace the cap of the pen after use or most often than not forget the cap somewhere? This gel pen is the best option for you.
It is one of the rare gel pens which comes with a click mechanism. This pen boasts of a special feather flow ink system that ensures a smooth writing experience.
The pen also has a special spring tip so that you can write comfortably without putting too much pressure.
- Optihold tip for smooth writing and best control on paper
- Grip and tip designed to improve handwriting
- 0.5 mm tip gives precise writing
- Premium look with metallic features
- Suitable for everyone
Pros of Cello Pointec Clic Gel Pen
- Click based mechanism
- Spring tip
- Smooth ink flow
- Low price
Cons of Cello Pointec Clic Gel Pen
We hope you would have selected the ideal pen for your requirements based on this post of ours on Best Gel Pens in India.
For good writing length, you can pick Pilot Hi-Techpoint 05 Super Value Pen. Whereas if you are looking for a cheap value option then Cello Deco Gel Pen is the best choice.
Have you already used any of the pens mentioned in this post? Feel free to let us know your experience using the comment box below.
Leave a Reply